When your partner dies, there are three benefits you will be entitled to namely bereavement allowance, bereavement payment and widowed parents allowance. Though these three benefits can only be acquired when a partner dies, there are differences on how it is awarded. This factsheet will explain how this benefit is calculated and paid.
The facts included are summarized below:
- The Bereavement allowance
- The Bereavement payment
- The Widowed parents’ allowance
- The Social Fund funeral payments
- The amount each benefits worth
- The process in claiming said benefits
- Access to more help or information
Bereavement benefits bring some relief at what is a very difficult time. Check-out this factsheet for further information.