Community Care Direct Payments can be obtained when a person is assessed as needing particular care services.
These payments are provided to enable you to receive the services you require to meet your assessed needs. However there are variations in the mount of benefit available in different parts of the UK.
The factsheet provides you information on how these services works and specifically how the scheme varies from country to country and include the following information:
- Country-specific information
- The qualification of direct payments in England and Wales.
- Eligibilty in Northern Island
- The law regarding payments in Scotland.
- Exemptions of payments to family members.
- How the amount calculated for individuals.
- A veyr helpful list of suggestions.
This factsheet provides further information.