If you are disabled and are over 65 years old, you could be entitle to receive an attendance allowance. A number of rules and tests apply to gauge your eligibility to receive the attendance allowance. This factsheet provides you general information about attendance allowance and includes the following general topics:
1. What are the rules for attendance allowance?
2. The disability test.
3. What do the rules for the disability tests mean?
4. The ‘backwards’ qualifying period test.
5. The residence and presence test.
6. How much is Attendance Allowance?
7. How do I claim?
8. Where can I get more help or information?
A full and comprehensive overview of the attendance allowance scheme is covered in this factsheet. It should be helpful to you and should influence you in your decision. However, if there are things you are not certain and needed more information seek assistance at your local advice centre – contacts details are provided in the factsheet.